Mishan Aubeeluck has offered to take more pilates classes. If there is sufficient interest he would run a class on Thursday at 11.30 am and Friday evening during February and March - £4 per session. If you are interested in taking part please add your name to the list in the locker room. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com stating your preference and I will add your name to the list.
The countdown has started with a vengeance towards the June 8-10 staging of the 37th Curtis Cup encounter at The Nairn Golf Club, – a biennial, eight-a-side three-day match between the best female amateur golfers in Great Britain & Ireland and their counterparts from the United States. GB & I last won the trophy at Killarney, Ireland in 1996 but last summer’s Astor Trophy success at Fairhaven GC, Lancashire, where skipper Tegwen Matthews’ team of five beat New Zealand, Canada, Australia and South Africa to win the once-every-four-years tournament, has raised hopes that the tide may turn in this year’s Curtis Cup match at Nairn To read more go to the LGU Website
Your Webmaster Carol who is Renfrewshire's County Ambassador for the 2012 Curtis Cup will keep you informed of all details of this years big event
Past , Present and Future -- Karin, Vivien and Sheila
Outgoing Lady Captain Karin Mackenzie welcomed the ladies to the 82nd AGM.
She read out the match report, and this was then followed by the reports from the Handicap Secretary Sheila Biggart, Greenlees Secrertary Anne Judge and Junior Convenor/Vice-Captain Vivien Howe. Karin then gave her full Year Report.
Sheila Biggart was appointed as the new Vice Captain and Vivien Howe was appointed the new Captain.
Although the Committee were not open to discussion on the proposed changes to Membership both Susan Reid and Carol Fell raised some issues about these changes which will affect the Associate Members Group.
After the business was completed the silverware was presented.
Denise Cowan our Lady Club Champion then gave the vote of thanks. The meeting was closed by our new Lady Captain Vivien Howe
I have listed below some of the most frequently asked questions from the Ladies. Hopefully the answers given will help you to understand the implications of the changes.
1. Only Full members are allowed to play in ANY competition. Only Full members are allowed to play in team competitions and mixed competitions.
2. All competitions are run by the the club. SLGA fees are nothing to do with competitions but are to help with playing rights. Everybody has to pay at every club that they are a member of.
3. Social/ Restricted Lady Associates will be allowed to attend the Ladies AGM.
4. Social/Restricted Associates members will have full access to the course on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays.
5. The Social/Restricted Associate Lady will be able to participate in our 2 Monday Charity competitions.
6. There will be at least 3 Thursday Strokeplay competitions for all Social/Restricted Associates to play in. This will provide an opportunity to maintain handicaps.
7. An EGM is not required to amend the changes to any membership category. The Board is allowed to make changes to these at any time.
8. An EGM would need to be called to change the Annual Subscription of Associate members. The percentage has been set out in the Articles of Association. At present this is 70% of the full annual subscription. Again I hope these answers are of some help. Karin Mackenzie
Ladies and Gents Burns Supper - Friday 3rd of February, 7 for 7.30pm.
Black tie or Lounge suit for gents. Price £22.50 p.p.
Come along for a convivial evening and support your fellow club members.
Ronald Aitchison - Toast to the Haggis and Holy Willie's Prayer
Bob Buntin - Immortal Memory
Iain Findlay - Tam O'Shanter and Musical items
Steve Williamson - Toast to the Lassies Helen Critchon - Reply
Special musical guest appearance - John Armit (Paisley Burns Club)