This will be a non counting 'Flag' competition, played on the Green Course and is open to all categories of members. You can enter over 18 holes or over 9 holes but must enter on How Did I Do on the day you are playing - before beginning your round.
Instructions are very simple:-
1. You have a maximum number of strokes to use so you keep your cumulative total as you play, as well as your total for each hole. If your handicap for 18 holes is 28, add that to 74 -the par for 18 holes- which gives you 102 strokes.
2. Maximum of 10 strokes per hole. Pick up and move on recording a 10 if necessary.
3. Once all your strokes have been used, note accurately where your ball has finished and on which hole, or take a picture.
This could be "just off the back of the 17th green " or "in the bunker at right hand side of 18th green" etc.
4. If you complete 18 holes and have strokes left over, that is what you record.
5. Send this information to my email address :-
email@example.com - along with your Name, Date of play and Handicap. You will also need to state whether you played 18 holes or 9 holes.
Exactly the same principle applies to playing 9 holes - Start at the 1st but don't start scoring until the 4th hole and play until the 12th. Your number of strokes will be your 9 hole handicap added to 37, which is the par for the 9 holes.
I will blog instructions for entering on How Did I Do at the end of this week but in the meantime, I hope you will book your games for next week and think about which day you might enter the competition.